10. Last, but not least, don’t forget to provide a good product description. 2. Make all the call-to-action buttons stand out or, in other words, highlight them in such a way that the visitors have no issues in moving from one step to the other while shopping online. Don’t provide simple text links in such cases and if you are using buttons then make sure that they are attention grabbing.
The soul of an e-commerce website is its product pages. The success and traffic conversion largely depends on the quality of the product pages that you create for your site. The visitors to an e-commerce site either make a purchase or promise themselves that they will never come back to the site. It all depends on how user-friendly the site is. In this article, we will explore the best practices for creating a product page that convert.
3. Make sure that your product pages are responsive. No matter how beautiful your product pages are, if they don’t load fast, you are about to lose potential customers.
Before moving ahead with the details, it is important to understand the psychology of a visitor to your site. He came with a need to fulfill probably by researching for a certain product or if it goes well, he might purchase the product. Your website should support easy to understand search functions and product categories that she can easily understand and perform the basic things at her convenience.
4. Provide detailed pictures of the product. Visitors to your site will buy a product looking at a picture so, include all the pictures needed to provide all possible information in terms of how that particular product looks. If possible, provide a product zoom feature and multiple view images of the product from different angles. This would give a complete idea about what the person is going to get if he makes a purchase.
So, what are you waiting for? Make the necessary changes in your e-commerce site and see the difference for yourself. A well-designed page works as a magnet that attracts visitors and potential customers. So, it is a just one-time effort. Once all things are in place all you need to do is sit back and watch your business grow.
5. Remember to add demo videos of your product. A short video about the product can be more effective even than pictures. It is not much of an effort to embed interesting videos related to a product.
A good product page is the one that provides all the necessary information and guidelines related to the product in an easy to understand format. Your page must motivate the visitor to make a purchase and keep coming back. The visitors to your site have many options available and don’t want to spend too much of time on a page. Your page should be able to grab the attention of the user instantly and this can happen only if you design a killer product page.
[Tweet “You have to create a compelling #shopping experience w/ words and images. – @npws #ecommerce”]
Product pages need to be snappy and responsive. Laggy pages can kill confidence and breed impatience, both conversion killers.- Jason Amunwa
Let’s have a look at some of the elements that you can apply right away to provide a user-friendly experience to your strong product page.
6. Product search function and option to browse through similar products must be provided to the customer.
It should not be too long as people don’t have that much to time to invest in reading. In the same way, too small description will not provide necessary info to form a better and satisfied decision. It is important to provide all the specifications related to the product clearly. To have better results, incorporate SEO in product pages and focus on the keywords that matter the most.
[Tweet “The average abandonment rate of shopping cart is 65.23% – @mktgtechblog”]
9. Incorporate Features that would influence the visitors to make a purchase and will help you to lower the average abandonment rate of the shopping cart.
- Free Shipping
- Free Returns
- Interesting sales offer and discounts
- Discount coupons
- Reward points
- Deals available for limited time
- Free gifts
8. Allow customers to leave feedback about a product. Consumer reviews generally have a strong impact on the visitors to the site. Allow your customers to leave a feedback and ratings. It does not matter if the feedbacks are good or bad. By allowing customers to leave a feedback, your site becomes more reliable.
Some of the features that really work well in convincing visitors are:
For more details in optimizing your e-commerce Product Pages, please take a look to the 10 Conversion Optimization Tips for E-commerce Product Page Infographic made by Perception System.
7. Suggest products that would compliment the product that a customer is purchasing. The best e-commerce sites generally provide a lot of options in terms of what would compliment the products that a customer is buying. This will also give you the advantage to lower your cart abandonment rate.
1. Keep your pages simple, many times websites owners out of insecurity try to put all kind of information in all the pages of the website. However, what they don’t realize is that by doing this many visitors get confused and it becomes difficult for them to look for things that they require.