If you’re completely new to Google Ads, there are some key concepts you’ll want to grasp before you even start touring the platform—like how Google Ads should fit into your overall marketing plan, how to build a strategy and measure success, and best practices to avoid common mistakes. Local PPC Lab is perfect for this, managing to turn the complexities of Google Ads into a simple (and very visually appealing!) course.
If this feels arbitrary, hear me out. Performance Max campaigns have only just become widely available as of November 2021, so there isn’t a whole lot out there on it. And yet, given the ongoing shift to automation—and the fact that Smart Shopping and Local campaigns will fold into this campaign type in 2022—learning the ropes is important for any level advertiser.
- PPC 101: how Google Ads works, account set up and structure, key metrics, anatomy of an ad.
- PPC102: keywords, match types, ad copy, extensions, bidding, ad scheduling, budgeting, and auditing.
- Advanced PPC: remarketing, mobile-optimization, lead qualification, dynamic formats.
The articles are written by top PPC influencers and experts, so you won’t just get what you need to advertise on Google, but rather, to stay competitive, save time, and save money in Google Ads. Plus, our benchmark data is an annual favorite.
2. Google’s Performance Max guide and tutorial
- Type: written, interactive content with visuals and screenshots
- Good for: any level, especially those using Local and Smart Shopping campaigns
- Length: 15 minutes
- Highlight: always-updated information, key takeaways, quizzes
And I never thought I’d link to a help article in a course roundup, but here we are. Google’s Performance Max Best practices guide is also super solid. This 10-minute guide walks you through setting up your campaign, with tips throughout every step and a video tutorial. Between these two resources, you’ll be well on your way to maximizing your performance with Performance Max.
- How Performance Max campaigns work
- How to set them up
- Best practices
- Tips for post-launch
Got any good recommendations for the list? Let me know in the comments!
The Best Google Ads training for beginners
-How to do the moonwalk.
-How to win friends and influence people.
-How to ride a bike.
3. LOCALiQ’s Local PPC Lab
- Type: written content with visuals and screenshots
- Good for: beginners and local businesses considering Google Ads
- Length: 25 minutes
- Highlight: Google Local Service Ads, holistic strategy tips
Things that are easy to learn:
- He doesn’t spend the first 10 minutes telling you how to earn three figures with online advertising.
- He’s not so intense that you find yourself either holding your breath or sweating.
- He says right off the bat that he used tutorials like this when he was first starting out.
- All of the bidding strategies for Search, Display, and Video
- Automatic vs manual
- Which bidding strategies to use for which goals
- Portfolio bidding strategies
- How to set and change your bid strategy
- WordStream’s PPC University
- Google Ads’ Performance Max campaign training
- LOCALiQ’s Local PPC Lab
- Santrel Media’s Google Ads step-by-step tutorial
- Simplilearn’s Google Ads full course
- Metics Media’s Google Ads step-by-step tutorial
- Jason Whaling’s Google Ads course
- Paid Media Pros’ conversion tracking tutorial
- Surfside PPC’s bidding strategies walk-through
The following two training courses are good for dipping your toes into the Google Ads waters. Between the two of them, you’ll get the key information needed to help you understand the basics of not just creating an account but also forming a strategy.
- Category: eCommerce