November marketing ideas based on national months
Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- Sign your team up for a fundraising activity—a walk, a farmer’s market, a virtual race, etc. This gets you out in your local community which strengthens the roots of your business.
- Caterers can show photos from fundraiser events.
- Health-related businesses can share news articles, educational posts, or survivor stories.
- Artists can showcase awareness-inspired work to show their support:
- You could even interview an entrepreneur in your field or a related one. Many of the lessons in entrepreneurship can be applied to life in general, so your audience will come away with plenty of wisdom and inspiration.
- Sign up! Participants can sign up here.
- Run Movember competitions and fun contests between employees or among customers.
- If you’re into it, showcase your facial hair on social media and get involved in the chatter on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Movember, or No-Shave November, is a movement where men grow out their mustaches until the end of the month to raise awareness and donations for men’s health issues.
- You could offer a discount to those who have served, donate a proceed of your November profits to veteran organizations, or even run a giveaway.
- The company below hosted a free pop-up concert with a trio of vintage-inspired female singers in honor of Veterans Day. In addition to celebrating veterans, this event also supports National Aviation Month at the same (crushed it).
Don’t forget to stay sensitive to those who may not have family or friends to share the day with, or who might not be able to afford a feast. You may want to show your support for this audience in some of your content.
- Encourage your summer-loving customers to get something for next year—something to look forward to and carry them through the winter like Allmodern does below:
- Challenge your Instagram followers to help their neighbor in need, to finish that book they’ve been reading, or even just to wake up one hour earlier. Going the extra mile is something we can all fit into our daily routine and is a great November holiday for connecting with your audience.
- Include some facts on your social media profiles.
- Share what steps your business is taking to improve the environment.
- Provide suggestions on your blog on how to recycle.
- Offer a discount on bulk-size items.
- Promote your sustainable products.
- Raising awareness on social media about the importance of recycling.
- Participate in or even host a recycling drive.
Family, friend, and customer appreciation
Encourage others to give back
These ideas can also apply to pancreatic cancer, epilepsy, diabetes, and any other health conditions recognized in November.
- Promote products and services at your business particularly useful for Thanksgiving, such as cooking classes for great Thanksgiving side dishes or an after-Thanksgiving boot camp class.
- Your pet grooming or boarding business can write a blog post on Thanksgiving foods that can be toxic to pets.
- Be sure to announce your specials and events in your November newsletter.
- Start promoting your Black Friday deals at the beginning of the month so customers will be ready when the day arrives.
- You could even create a Facebook event for your Black Friday specials, where you can post updates and reminders and where followers can invite their friends and add it to their calendars.
- If you’re in the grocery business, perhaps consider running a Black Friday sale…
- Register your business through the official American Express site.
- Highlight your best products and most attractive sales promotions over email, social media, your website, and in-store signage.
- Check out these Small Business Saturday Promotion Ideas.
- You may also want to do a partnership with another local business, create and share a gift guide, or host a sidewalk sale. Remember to thank your customers for their support, and remind them of the importance of shopping small!
- At some point, however, take a break from self-promotion and lift up other small business owners who have given it their all to make their company a success and a staple in their community.
- Provide your Thanksgiving hours.
- Upload pictures of any November or Thanksgiving-themed products or services.
- Create Google posts about Thanksgiving, Black Friday, or Small Business Saturday promotions,
- Ask and answer questions related to visiting your store (parking info, for example), especially if you expect more traffic on Small Business Saturday.
- One idea is to run a raffle or offer a special deal to the first ten customers who directly message you on Facebook.
- Or, take another break from all the sales mayhem and post a video of what it’s like to be an Amazon employee on Cyber Monday…yikes.
Need more November marketing ideas?
As you give back to the community in any Thanksgiving charity runs, food drives, or fundraising events, encourage your customers, local audience, and social media followers to do the same.
Never be at a loss for creative November marketing ideas again
November 17 November 5
Full list of November national days
- Authors’ Day
- Brush Day
- Calzone Day
- Cinnamon Day
- Deep Fried Clams Day
- Cook For Your Pets Day
- Family Literacy Day
- Vinegar Day
- Color the World Orange Day – First Monday in November
- Job Action Day – First Monday in November
Here’s what you can do for SBS:
- Deviled Egg Day
- Ohio Day
- Traffic Directors Day – Nov 2 except if it falls on a weekend, then it’s the following Monday.
- Housewife’s Day
- Sandwich Day
- Stress Awareness Day – First Wednesday in November
- Chicken Lady Day
- Candy Day
- Cash Back Day – First Thursday in November
- Men Make Dinner Day (Must Cook. No BBQ Allowed!) – First Thursday in November
And check out the full marketing calendar template from LOCALiQ.
- Doughnut Day
- Love Your Red Hair Day
- Jersey Friday – First Friday in November
Thanks to Nationaldaycalendar.com:
- Nachos Day
- Saxophone Day
- Bison Day – First Saturday in November
- Play Outside Day – First Saturday of Every Month
There are tons of ideas and examples in this post, but the best part is that it’s just the tip of the iceberg in terms of November marketing strategies. Model off of the ones in this post or use them as a launchpad for your own spinoff ideas. The key is to stay true to your brand voice—that’s what your customers want!
- Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day
- Daylight Saving Time Ends – First Sunday in November
- Cappuccino Day
- Harvey Wallbanger Day
- Parents as Teachers Day
- STEM/STEAM Day
- Scrapple Day
- Microtia Awareness Day
- Louisiana Day
- Marine Corps Birthday
- Forget-Me-Not Day
- Vanilla Cupcake Day
And the sales never end! Prep for Cyber Monday and choose a few promotions to run on this day. If you don’t have a website, you can still run a Cyber Monday promo using your social media accounts or even paid social strategies.
- Sundae Day
- Veterans Day
- French Dip Day
- Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
- Indian Pudding Day
- World Kindness Day
- Seat Belt Day
- Family PJ Day
- Pickle Day
- Spicy Guacamole Day
- Bundt (Pan) Day
- Philanthropy Day
- Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
- Spicy Hermit Cookie Day
- Raisin Bran Cereal Day
- America Recycles Day
- Fast Food Day
- Button Day
- Indiana Day
- Baklava Day
- Take A Hike Day
- Homemade Bread Day
- Educational Support Professionals Day – Wednesday of American Education Week
- Princess Day
- Vichyssoise Day
- Mickey Mouse Birthday
- Great American Smokeout – Thursday Before Thanksgiving
- Rural Health Day – Third Thursday in November
This doesn’t mean you should abandon sales altogether. There are still great ways to promote your business in a way that supports US veterans.
- Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day
- Play Monopoly Day
Look no further! LOCALiQ has you covered:
- Peanut Butter Fudge Day
- Absurdity Day
- Child’s Day
- Adoption Day – Saturday Before Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a time to appreciate your family, friends, and of course, your customers. Take the time to express your appreciation and gratitude, and be specific! Let others know exactly what you are grateful for about them to show that they matter as individuals. This will also give your social media posts a truly genuine and heartfelt feel.
- Gingerbread Cookie Day
- Stuffing Day
- Red Mitten Day
- Cranberry Relish Day
If you’re not running a promotion on Black Friday, you need to! People wait year-round for the incredible deals that await them the day after Thanksgiving, and this is a great opportunity to get your business on the map.
- Cashew Day
- Eat a Cranberry Day
- Espresso Day
- Sardines Day
- Tie One On Day – Day Before Thanksgiving
- Jukebox Day – Day Before Thanksgiving
- Play Day with Dad
- Parfait Day
- Shopping Reminder Day
- Day of Mourning – Fourth Thursday in November
- Thanksgiving Day – Fourth Thursday in November
- Turkey-free Thanksgiving – Fourth Thursday in November
- Cake Day
- Day of Listening – Day after Thanksgiving
- Native American Heritage Day – Day after Thanksgiving
- Black Friday – Day after Thanksgiving
- Buy Nothing Day – Day after Thanksgiving
- Flossing Day – Day after Thanksgiving
- Maize Day – Day after Thanksgiving
- You’re Welcomegiving Day – Day after Thanksgiving
Here are even more ways to bring attention to issues, groups, and causes that you and your audience cares about and connect with them on an emotional level.
- Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- Craft Jerky Day
- Small Business Saturday – Saturday after Thanksgiving
- French Toast Day
- Hanukkah Begins – Changes annually
- Electronic Greetings Day
- Cyber Monday – Monday after Thanksgiving
- Personal Space Day
- Mason Jar Day
- Mousse Day
- Meth Awareness Day
- Computer Security Day
- Stay Home Because You’re Well Day
- Mississippi Day
- Day of Giving – Tuesday after Thanksgiving
- Category: eCommerce