Source: Revlon Store on Amazon
Use banners: Banners are a great way to break up your product detail page. It signals a new section to the shopper, grabs their attention with images, and provides more information about your product and brand.
- Amazon Stores
- A+ Content and Enhanced Brand Content (EBC)
- Premium A+ Content
A+ content gives brands like Dream Water additional space within their detail pages to answer common customer questions and provide relevant details about their products.
Amazon offers two tiers of A+ content: Basic A+ content and Premium A+ content. Basic A+ content includes 13 standard modules, with up to five modules allowed per product page. (We’ll get into Premium A+ content in more detail later on.)
With Amazon Stores, brands can: Amazon Stores is a free self-service product that lets brands design and create multi-page stores to showcase their brand, products, and unique value proposition on Amazon. Leverage charts: You can use a comparison chart to display similar products and highlight each one’s different features. This gives your customer a chance to discover other similar items without having to navigate away from the detail page.
For even more information on A+ Content — including a step-by-step guide to creating A+ Content for your products — take a look at this guide. Working with an agency vs. DIY is different in many ways. The value and benefits that come with working with an agency is in the level of expertise. Working with an agency, you have access to a dedicated project manager as well as an in-house design team to collaborate and share ideas with. It can be difficult to know where to start and how to navigate Amazon’s creative offerings on your own.
Prices for Premium A+ content vary by vendor (at Amazon’s discretion).
Avoid content errors: Some symbols and special characters are forbidden, including the registered brand & registered trademark symbol. You also can’t include hyperlinks to other websites.
In 2019, Amazon announced its new “Manage Your Experiments” (MYE) feature. This tool allows sellers to A/B test their A+ content to make data-driven decisions that can increase sales.
- Marquee: Designed to act as a brand or sub-brand gateway page.
- Highlight: Showcase products and related content.
- Product Grid: Display a large number of products.
Source: R+Co Store on Amazon
Why should brands use Amazon Stores?
“The main benefit of Amazon Stores is to provide customized content to potential customers and introduce prospective customers to your brand. Each page gives you the opportunity to brand it ‘your way’ with lots of supportive content and freedom. It’s basically like designing your own website on Amazon.”
- Capitalize on internal and external traffic sources
- Boost organic ranking on Amazon and increase sales volume
- Promote new products to preexisting customers
- Introduce your brand to new audiences
- Give users a better mobile experience
EBC modules, like the one below for WHOOSH, give brands the additional space within their detail pages to answer common customer questions and provide relevant details about their product. In turn, this can lead to an increase in conversion rates and a better shopping experience for their customers.
You can now publish updates to your Amazon Store at scheduled dates and times, allowing you to plan ahead and align your Store’s publishing schedule with new product releases, seasonal changes, and brand updates.
Amazon A+ content best practices
Also called A++ Content, Amazon launched Premium A+ content in 2017, giving brands invite-only access to even more visually rich multimedia content on their product details pages.
For more examples of Amazon Stores, check out this post.
For a step-by-step guide to using the MYE feature, check out this article.
– AJ Swamy, Digital Solutions Strategist at Tinuiti
“Amazon continues to emphasize and release opportunities for brands to tell their story and build brand equity across their platform with content.”
Less text, more visuals: A+ content should generally be more visual, and your text should communicate your message directly and concisely. Maintain a healthy balance of lifestyle and product images.
We believe that investing in creative content is key to your brand’s success on Amazon. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Amazon’s creative services, including data, examples, and expert insights.
Uniform design: When you design your A+ content, you should have your entire catalog in mind. Your A+ content should be consistent across the board, so it can act as an extension of your brand and your website.
In 2019, Amazon merged A+ content with Enhanced Brand Content (EBC), an offering that allowed Brand Registered Sellers to showcase the unique value proposition of their products through a unique brand story, plus enhanced images and text placements.
– AJ Swamy, Digital Solutions Strategist at Tinuiti
Working with an Amazon-focused agency
Globally available to sellers and vendors who are Amazon registered brand owners, Amazon A+ content integrates detailed product descriptions, rich images, charts, and narrative copy to:
Here are three significant benefits of working with an Amazon-focused agency like Tinuiti:
– Zak Semitka, Specialist, Marketplaces at Tinuiti
- Amazon content expertise: We already understand how Amazon works and the type of content that resonates with Amazon shoppers. This means that we can tailor your brand’s content for Amazon’s audience, with language, design, layout, and imagery all designed specifically for Amazon.
- Save time by avoiding re-submissions: There are a lot of policies and requirements to keep straight when it comes to Amazon Creative to keep straight. Working with an agency that knows what those qualifications are lets you move faster through the creation and submission process.
- Optimize creative for conversions: We work with vendors and sellers to choose the best layouts and creative for your brand based on your content, features, and brand identity. Our familiarity with the Amazon creative landscape and approval process means we can provide you with the best version of what your Amazon creative should be.
“The Manage Your Experiments Beta allows Vendors and Sellers to work towards optimizing their A+ content design. You can be very intentional with elements of the design you would like to test and apply learnings to content you create in order to develop a foundation for your optimal product detail page experience. This feature is an absolute game-changer, and everyone in the industry is extremely excited to start experimenting.”