Ah, out of lockdown and into the outdoors! People will be particularly excited to get outside this year after so much time inside. Here are some ways to apply this theme to your marketing:
Smile Power Day
Nature Photography Day
- Cyclers: 10 Must-Have Features for your Child’s Helmet; 10 Deadly Mistakes to Avoid When Riding at Night
- Parents: Quiz: Are You Truly Keeping Your Baby Safe?
- Businesses: 5 Ways to Safeguard Your Network Against Hackers
- Millennials: 8 Social Media Safety Tips You Didn’t Know you Needed
Can you top this?
Great Outdoors Month
And thankfully, June has tons of great causes and holidays to make your summer marketing campaigns hot!
- Create a blog or social media post on the best places around your state to get outside and experience nature. Ask your followers to share their favorite spots too.
- You could also run a month-long email campaign that points out new ideas and places to visit each week.
- If you hold indoor classes, host them outside!
- Run a sidewalk sale (because hey, outdoors doesn’t have to mean sitting atop a mountain).
- If there’s a local business near you that sells outdoor gear, see if they’ll donate some products for an “outdoors essentials” kit or even just a discount that you could offer in a giveaway. In return, you can promote their business on social media or even offer to donate your products at a relevant time.
- Keep it simple and post a beautiful image with some outdoor inspo.
- Moving companies can run special promotions for college grads.
- Restaurants can offer a gift card to graduates who post a picture of themselves at your restaurant wearing their cap and gown.
- Catering and events businesses can post the dates in which their services are still available.
- Don’t forget about graduation and teacher gifts!
Marketing ideas for June holidays
Meteor Watch Day
Social Media Day
Flag Day (Monday, June 14)
HVAC Tech Day
- Incorporate an American flag theme into your offerings: American flag cookies, jewelry, clothing, and more.
- See if you can find a creative way to incorporate stars and stripes into your content.
- Offer discounts on red, white, or blue products you offer, whether that clothing, paint, or in the case below, fabric:
- Father’s Day gift guide: Compile some great gift ideas into a blog post, some of which can be your offerings. See if you can create a persona for the dads of your target audience. Are they young fathers? Old timers? Gardeners? Gadget lovers? Readers? There are tons of Father’s Day gift guides out there, so keep it targeted for your audience.
- Gift baskets: Spare moms and kids from having to come up with ideas and put together creative gift baskets or combinations. Seeing everything together and artfully arranged gives added appeal.
- Restaurants: Supply gift cards to your restaurant with a bottle from a local distillery or winery.
- Spa or salons: Run specials on men’s grooming supplies. Moms who come in to redeem their gift certificates from Mother’s Day will love the one-stop shopping!
- Don’t forget about last-minute shoppers!
While diligent shoppers make careful decisions to find the right brand or product, last-minute shoppers are looking to make the fastest decision with the lowest risk. Make your flexible return policy prominent in your marketing copy, such as with “No hassle returns!” or “No return deadlines!”
Marketing ideas for June national days
Best Friends Day
Call Your Doctor Day – Second Tuesday in June
Flip a Coin Day (June 1)
Insurance Awareness Day
- Run a coin flip discount day: For each purchase, have customers flip a coin and call heads or tails. If the customer wins, they get a percentage discount based on the value of the coin. Quarter flips = 25% off, dime flips = 10% off, and nickel flips = 5% off. Of course, you can adjust the discounts depending on your budget and customer volume.
Don’t Leave It to Chance: How to Choose a [X] Wisely
It’s a Toss-Up: Should You Use X or Y?
Can’t Make Heads or Tails of X? Read This
Don’t Flip a Coin When Deciding on Your Next [industry] Partner.
Donut Day (Friday, June 4)
- Create a new tradition: Local bakeries, if you want to do something beyond just discounts and coupons, announce to your audience a week or so prior that you’ll be coming out with a brand new, never-seen-before donut on this day—with a limited supply! Post little teasers on social media and your website to generate some excitement and mystery. Better yet, continue the tradition annually. Your patrons will look forward to it every year!
- Fitness businesses can offer or share an after-Donut Day workout. Donuts are delicious but not exactly marketing materials for the fitness industry. Host or post a Day After Donut Day workout.
- Show customer appreciation: Bakeries can post pictures of your loyal customers, tagging them (with their permission)
And let’s not forget about pet insurance…
- Lawyers and accountants can blog about the benefits of insurance for individuals and business owners, or resurface old posts on the topic.
- Doctors and dentists can encourage patients to check out their insurance to make sure they have adequate coverage, or provide tips for connecting with insurance companies about procedures.
- Massage therapists, chiropractors, and fitness centers should encourage clients to check their insurance benefits—many insurance companies offer coverage for massage and chiropractic treatments or subscriber discounts for joining a fitness center or gym.
- Travel agents, bed and breakfasts, and hotels can use this day to blog about the benefits of travel insurance.
Father’s Day – Third Sunday in June
Summer solstice/first day of summer/ longest Day of the Year
Final June marketing ideas
- Repeat Day (Thursday, June 3): Re-run past promotions and campaigns that were popular among your customers.
- Cancer Survivor’s Day (Sunday, June 6): Spotlight a team member or customer who is a cancer survivor, or simply post inspirational articles, quotes, and photos.
- Selfie day (Monday, June 21): You know the drill!
- Public Service Day (Wednesday, June 23): Feature a prominent member of the community on social media or offer a discount to those in the public sector who show ID.
Try out these June marketing ideas
Full list of June holidays and observances
National Splurge Day
Wear BLUE Day – Friday Before Father’s Day
National Flip Flop Day – Third Friday in June
June 27And why not throw in a few more for good measure?
You could also take a more seasonal approach by creating content around staying safe in the summer, or by handing out travel-sized sunscreen bottles in your store or with online orders for a limited time.
June 4Red Rose Day
Rosé Day – Second Saturday in June
Take Your Dog to Work Day – Friday After Father’s Day
PTSD Awareness Day
Clean Beauty Day
Hug Your Cat Day
Donut Day – First Friday in June
Making Life Beautiful Day
The first day of June is Flip a Coin Day. This holiday was made to celebrate math, but you can have some fun with it in your marketing content. Here are some ideas:
Flag Day is a great way to continue to celebrate America, after Memorial Day has passed and July 4th is still a few weeks away. It commemorates the day that the stars and stripes were adopted for the flag. Here are some marketing ideas for this day:
June 30June 23
June. School is out (was it ever in?) No more warm weather teasers. Accordions abound (What? We’ll get to that later). June is filled with freedom and fresh air, so you can’t afford stale marketing campaigns! While it’s important to identify and harness content types and topics that resonate with your audience, it’s equally as important to step out of your comfort zone and add some color and authenticity to your communication.
And there you have it. A basketful of ideas and examples to keep your brand creative, attractive, and authentic! And as promised, here’s the promised list of June holidays and observances.National Leave The Office Early Day
National Running Day – First Wednesday in June
Iced Tea Day
Herbs and Spices Day
Go Barefoot Day
Say Something Nice Day
Bubbly Day – First Saturday in June
Trails Day – First Saturday in JuneD-Day
Higher Education Day
Gardening Exercise Day
Cancer Survivor’s Day – First Sunday in June
Daylight Appreciation Day
National Hydration Day
National Pink Day
These observance days provide opportunities to stand out to customers and show your creative side. Let’s dive in!June 12
Garbage Man Day
Eat Your Vegetables Day
Mascot DayJune 25
Also, depending on your business, you can give away a couples-themed service, such as a couples massage session or photo shoot.
Of course, travel-related businesses can focus specifically on safe traveling during a pandemic.
Camera DayJune 22
The people love the Fridays. And the people love the donuts. And on the first Friday in June, they come together on National. Donut. DAY.
Before we get into the sillier of observance days, let’s take care of the two major holidays in June: Flag Day and Father’s Day.
June 5Kitchen Klutzes of America Day
Random Acts of Light Day
First Lady’s Day
Weed Your Garden Day
Sewing Machine Day
Children’s Day – Second Sunday in June