If you want to mix and match to create your own Frankenstein greeting (sort of like a spooky responsive search ad), here are some Halloween sayings and puns:
Don’t worry, this post has all of the Halloween greetings, sayings, and phrases you need to craft the perfect Halloween message—for your emails, social posts, landing pages, and more!
Here are some more Halloween phrases you can use in your emails, Halloween social media posts, landing pages, and website. Sure, they’re a little cliche, but puns like this make for great conversational copywriting.
Table of contents
Fun & friendly Halloween greetings for customers
Looking to send out a Halloween email or Slack message to your team but don’t feel like using your brain? Use these Happy Halloween greetings as a jump-off point.
- Horror movies and haunted houses are creepy, but the thought of where our business would be without customers like you scares our socks off 🧦. This Halloween, we want to thank you for choosing us as your [product/service provider]. Have a safe night!
- Happy Halloween to all of our awesome customers! We are so grateful for your support so we just wanted to send a boo 👻 to you from our crew. We hope to see you soon!
- Want to know something scary? Our special offer for 40% off first-time appointments ends in five days! Get on your broomstick and claim it now before it !poof! Disappears into the night…🌚
- It’s that time of year again…you know, when you change your appearance and eat lots of sugar. So we’re just creepin’ in to say boo! Wishing you a Happy Halloween season, no matter how (or if) you celebrate!
- Ah, Halloween. For some, it’s about the gourds. For others, the gore. To us, it’s just an excuse to reach out and say hey! We appreciate you. We thank you for being a customer and hope that however you celebrate, that you stay safe and healthy. See you soon!
- Happy Halloween!
So you won’t ghost us this Halloween, we’re offering 20% off between 6pm and midnight.
- Creepy: Creaking floorboards.
Scary: Footsteps when no one’s home.
Horrifying: [Common pain point your business solves].
Shop now and keep your socks on.
There’s no such thing as too much appreciation for your customers—well, actually, there is—but just pick one of these greetings and you should be golden. Copy and paste or adapt to your liking.
Spooky & spirited Halloween greetings to employees
You can find plenty of full Halloween word lists elsewhere on the web, but here’s a list of synonyms and words associated with “scary.” Combine them with these copywriting power words and you’ll have yourself some scary-effective conversion copywriting.
- Happy Halloween everyone! Whether you’re the mini pumpkin collector, the gory movie watcher, or the startling prankster, we hope you enjoy it in your own way. Have fun, be safe, and don’t eat too much candy!
- Ghostly greetings to you and yours! Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Halloween and send out the November schedule as we transition from goblin to gobblin!
- Double, double, toil and trouble
Fire burn and cauldron bubble
Without you we’d be in a struggle
Thank you team for all your hustle! Have an awesome Halloween, be safe, and let’s start November off right!
If you really want to get into the spirit with some creative copywriting techniques, take these Halloween rhymes and quotes for a spin:
Creative & creepy Happy Halloween messages for social
Hopefully this post has stocked you with all of the words and phrases you need for creative (and creepy) copywriting this Halloween. Looking for more holiday greeting and email examples? We’ve got em:
- Sending a warm hello and festive greetings to all of you this Halloween (and for the spook lovers out there, make that a chilling wave from a hand skeleton 💀). Happy Hallow’s Eve!
- Happy Halloween! May you breeze through October without a scare in the world…
- From spiders to skulls and everything in between
Beware and be scared…Happy Halloween!
- Happy Halloween to our customers, employees, and partners! Life without you would indeed be scary. 😱
- It’s Halloween! The time to be batty, creepy, chilly, eerie, deadly, ghostly, and downright scary!
- You’re fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller…ow 🧟
Here are some short Halloween messages and greetings you can use to wish your followers a happy Halloween. For plenty more ideas, you can refer to these Halloween Instagram captions.
Halloween sayings & puns for emails, landing pages & more
- Enter if you dare
- Ghostly greetings to you
- Boo to you from our crew
- Bugs and hisses to you
- Just like the gh’oul times
- Only spook when spoken to
- Demons are a ghoul’s best friend
- Scared silly
- Oh my gourd
- Witchful thinking
- Under a spell
- This is a hip joint
- More boos, please
- We extend our deepest fangs
- Get this party startled
- Thrills and chills
- Creep it real
- By the glow of the moon
- Shivers down your spine
- Lazy bones
- Bone appetit
- Love at first fright
- Whoo ghost there
Halloween is a time for human creativity. We build lawn dummies out of leaves and clothes, we convert cardboard boxes into vending machines, we turn our dogs into mops…
Longer Halloween phrases
- May your candy supply last you well into the Christmas season.
- May your treats be many and your tricks be few
- Hold onto your broomsticks
- Without a scare in the world
- Witching you a Happy Halloween
- Trick or treat yo’self
- Give ‘em pumpkin to talk about
- Here’s hoping all your Halloween fears come true.
- Beware and take care on Halloween night.
- Pumpkins a ‘blazing, hope your Halloween is amazing.
- If you’ve got it, haunt it
- You light us up like a jack-o-lantern
Halloween rhymes & quotes
- When witches go riding,
And black cats are seen,
The moon laughs and whispers
‘Tis near Halloween.
- Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,
voices whisper in the trees, tonight is Halloween!” —Dexter Kozen
- Time for shivers, scares, and thrills, for pumpkin grins in windowsills, for black cats in the full moon’s glow, and a happy Halloween hello!
- As the sky grows dark and the moon glows bright,
strange creatures and critters appear in the night,
as the goblins growl and the werewolves whine,
shivers and chills run up and down your spine!
- On Halloween, what bothers some
About these witches, is how come
In sailing, through the air, like bats
They never seem, to lose their hats? —David McCord
- There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.
- At first cock-crow the ghosts must go
Back to their quiet graves below. —Theodosia Garrison
Words to use in your Halloween greetings
Then we sit down to write a simple Halloween greeting to our customers or employees, and for the life of us, we can’t. The horror 😱.