One statement that says it all
More funny copy/paste Instagram bio ideas
List your ingredients
Encourage user-generated content
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms for fashion, lifestyle, and mom bloggers, but cute bios aren’t only for them. There are plenty of ways to add a touch of charm and delight to yours. Take goldieblox, for example.
Creative Instagram bio ideas
Cool is versatile. There are cool ways to impress people, express yourself, raise awareness about something, and inspire your followers. Maybe it’s because I’m an athlete myself, but I find adidas’ Instagram bio cool.
End a common statement with something
Here are some more simple Instagram bio ideas to consider, if it matches your brand voice.
- I work…
On your goals.
Until the work is done.
- Beyond repair. Far from perfect. On the edge (of glory).
- In love with____. All about ____. Not into ____.
Use local keywords
- Workout vids, dog pics, motivational quotes served over a bed of sarcasm.
- Sometimes sweet, sometimes salty, but mostly nuts (like granola).
- A delicious blend of event planning tips and photos of my dog, with a splash of wit. Okay maybe an entire bottle of wit.
If you’ve looked around at other Instagram bio ideas posts, you’ve probably seen the “Be a warrior in a world of worriers.” Yawn. Brand Coach & Stylist @Pinkpompombyjen gives us a creative alternative:
- Not a photo feed. A portal into perspectives that will change your world.
- Our Women’s Network isn’t a club you join, but a place you belong.
- ➡️. NOT a 101 page, self-education required! ⬅️ (@3tokenbrowngirls)
- Rotate out a different inspirational quote or lyric each week or month.
- Periodically change up the end or beginning of the same sentence, like
- Is it me or ____?
- Seems like just yesterday I was _____…
- I wouldn’t trade this for _____.
- Share questions people don’t think about.
- Why do we cook bacon and bake cookies?
- Do fish have ears?
This 147-character conundrum plagues people and businesses everywhere trying to perfect their Instagram bios.
- Warning/caution: This is a _____ zone.
- A picture is worth 1000 _____.
- I’m a case study in ______.
Cute Instagram bio ideas
You know what they say, less is more. Sometimes a few words can say a lot more about a person, business, or brand than a full bio with emojis, offers, links, and more. PPC Influencer Joe Martinez’s Instagram bio is a great example:
Share your best attributes
- Connector~Consultant~Communicator (@harlemlovebirds)
- 🛠️ Perpetual project starter • where fixing is fun & grit is good🔥 Ugly Duckling House™️ • 1946 camper reno: #RubysRevival (@uglyducklingdiy)
- Adaptable. Adept. Adorable
Turn it into a basic ad
- We make. 🔧 We break. 💥 We create. ✨ We are GoldieBlox, home of the #GoldieSquad 💛 (@goldieblox)
- Color Lover | Pattern Mixer | Trend Ignorer | Budget Stretcher 🛠. (@tasha.kaleidoscope)
- We do it all for our guests—and the ‘gram #iFlyAlaska
Care shouldn’t be rare. #AlaskaCarelines
Here are some more creative Instagram bio ideas to help you flamingofy your account.
- An owner’s perspective on dog training (and sometimes life) with a formerly #reactivedog (@falcothedog)
- Comedian & New York Times Bestselling Author (srsly) (@girlwithnojob)
Share your mission statement
- Spilling the marketing tea one post at a time (@brafton)
- Making taxes just a little less boring, one post at a time.
- Chipping away at the proverbial _____, one post at a time.
Speaking of cool, have you seen these cool Instagram Story ideas?
If only such an account existed…
- Be bold or italic. Never regular.
- If I had a dime every time I posted a picture of a _____…
- A day in the life of a ____ gone rogue.
- True confessions of a…
Simple Instagram bio ideas
Share them in the comments and we’ll add them to the list! There are so many approaches to take with your Instagram bio, and the best part is, it’s not permanent. Make it inspiring this month, funny next month, or adjust it with the seasons. When you think outside the box, the possibilities with these 150 characters are endless.
Tell followers what to expect
Making history…or maybe just [something here] Make a statement with a stat
🙋🏻♀️ Helping your brand become a flamingo in a flock of seagulls
- News. Arts & Life. Music & more. This is NPR. (@npr)
- Vanilla. Pepsi. PC. ToMAYto. Hot.
- Brave. Confident. Determined. Unapologetic. We are #PUMAWomen. (@PUMAwomen)
Drop social proof/trust signals
- Your product
[Doing something], one post at a time
- Living vicariously through myself.
- Practice what you post.
- Actions > words
- Real, not perfect.
- Living from the inside out.
- Welcome to my world
- So far so good
- I got nothing.
Clever Instagram bios
Share mind-blowing questions or statements.
More creative Instagram bio ideas
Declare what your account or business is not…
Here’s a story. Back in 2020 (lightyears ago in social media), before the SERP for “Instagram bios” became invaded by hundreds-long lists of cliche copy/paste Instagram bios, Conor Bond curated a list of inspiring, funny, and cool Instagram bios and talked about why they work. This is that post.
- Is the answer to this question no?
- Things aren’t on fire. Fire is on things.
- What if when you sweat, it’s your muscles crying?
- Coders: (canDance) = “true”
- Chiropractors: I’m a pain in the C1, C2, and C3.
- SEOs: Forever in search of the answer to (not found).
But the struggle is over. Read on for over 180 Instagram bio ideas so you can come up with something you love and move on with your life—including tips, templates, quotes, real examples, and even ready-made copy/paste bios.
- 26.2 miles….scrolled with my thumbs
- Dance like no one cares because they’re worried about others watching.
The funny thing about funny Instagram bios is that it’s all in the details. Had Moosejaw put an exclamation point after “Just ask our moms” or even ended the bio with that statement, I’d have just dismissed it. Instead, it makes me chortle.
- Sutton’s Roofing. Got a leak? Call us up, we’ll do sutton about it.
- Because there are no bees in is no
I should be clear: A cool Instagram bio isn’t going to result in immediate conversions. Instead, it’s going to capture mindshare. A truly killer tagline will improve the likelihood that a prospect remembers your brand name when they’re ready to begin their customer journey.
- I’ll let the pictures do the talking
- Faking it (and posting here) until I make it
- Caution: posts can be highly motivating. Follow at your own risk.
Funny Instagram bio ideas
#Family, #StarWars, @paidmediapros, #Vinyl in that order
Here are some more clever Instagram bio ideas.
Variations on a theme
- I fold my socks.
- It took me an hour to write this bio.
- _____was my most played song.
- They know me by name at ______.
More simple copy & paste Instagram bio ideas
- Live. Laugh. Gloves.
- Professional knicker twister.
- Lip balm and carry-ons.
- I’m 100% okay with the shots I didn’t take.
- Really good excuses
Three short sentences
- Don’t let the filters fool you. In real life I’m actually ugly.
- Don’t mind me…just an existential crisis. Move along folks.
- Do mood swings count as exercise?
- As useful as the “g” in lasagna.
- Follow me if you want to feel better about your own life.
- It’s possible that I’m eating frosting with a spoon.
- Give me the [something you love] and nobody gets hurt
- “Be strong,” I whisper to my WiFi signal
- Here lies what you would find if X collided with Y.
- The only place where [something ridiculous, uncommon, or oxymoronic] makes sense.
Cool Instagram bio ideas
Go for self-deprecation
Actually use the word cool
Brag about yourself
- Stay humble. Be kind. Work hard.
- ____ by day. ____ by night. ____. Never quite right.
- Sip _____. Slurp _____. Gulp ______.
- Roughly 80% of trash in landfills could be recycled.
- 20% of small businesses fail within the first year. Let’s change that.
- Only 1 in 3 adults get the recommended amount of physical activity each week.
Flip a cliche phrase
- Making Mondays cool again. (Or for the first time)
- An antidote to modern times. Drinks and powders to help you feel calm cool collected. (@takearecess)
- Meditation tips and cute pets to help you cool your jets.
Use your value proposition or tagline
The best Instagram bio ideas for businesses
- Unlocking the potential of design thinking to change the world of education.
- Empowering small businesses with big dreams to achieve them, through human guidance and machine learning.
- To make healthy, good-tasting, and fun-to-make food available to all communities.
- Use our mission statement examples for inspiration.
Through sport, we have the power to change lives.
Table of contents
- We make growing your business online easy and exciting. Our team is collectively responsible for our culture & strategic inspiration. (@xponent21)
- The Customer Generation Agency for Software Companies.
- The leader in the trading card investment marketplace. (@pwccmarketplace)
- We make equipment to take you from the water, to the mountain, and every journey in between. @dakine
- Use our value proposition examples for more ideas.
Get clever with your name or business name
- Online visibility management SaaS platform that has been used by over 10,000,000 marketers🔥 (@semrush)
- Delicious recipes, easy meals, incredible products to keep your family happy & healthy. We are proud to be a family company since 1916. #wegmans (@wegmans)
- The Southwest’s employee-owned, premier full scope mechanical construction and facility management company for 75+ years. (@tdindustries)
With over one billion monthly active users and only 150 characters, if you can manage to be clever in an Instagram bio, then power to ya. Or if you aren’t looking to get more Instagram followers, take Megan Brame’s approach and just tell people to go to your website.
- Fragrance for your atmosphere, made in California.
Indie-owned + operated. Climate Neutral certified. ♻️
Our first-ever body care collection is here 👇
- 🦈 Every Purchase Helps Save Marine Life
♻️. Swap to Sustainable #savethefishies
If they say a picture is worth a thousand words
then I say how in the heck
do you encapsulate your entire Instagram account
in 150 characters or less.
- Products and advice for life’s pursuits. Follow for the latest in tech, cars, watches, style, furniture & more. (@gearpatrol)
- 30% [industry] tips. 70% relatable memes.
- Power. Positivity. No retouching. #AerieREAL
Few social media marketing plans are complete without an Instagram account, and because social media gives your business a chance to express its human side, you can use any of the ideas in this post. But here are some that are best suited for Instagram marketing.
- Tag #MyDSW + @dsw for a chance to be featured 📸 (@dsw)
- Helping everyone to live happy, healthy lives at home. Share your home photos with #apartmenttherapy 🏠✨ (@apartmenttherapy)
- There are endless ways #PetsBringUsTogether. Share yours with us (@Chewy)
Confidently stated with no hype, embellished words, or emojis. This is copy that sells.
- All-inclusive weight loss + fitness retreats on an exclusive 200 acre resort near Nashville
All ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Google Reviews [email protected]
- Adam Spivey
1.5M on TikTok
Train from the comfort of your own home, with our world renowned online training program
- Startup Marketing Guy. 15+ years in early-stage startups with 3 exits. Author & Coach teaching startups how to do #SEO #Email #PRmarketing #ASO & more. andrewstartups.com (@andrewstartups)
More clever copy/paste Instagram bio ideas
- 🐶 We Help Bring Out The Best Version of Your Dog
📍NYC // Delray Beach, FL
⭐️Best Training Team in NYC @teamdctk9
👇🏼Dog Training 🎥
More cute copy/paste Instagram bio ideas
- Kayla Gould
Custom floral compositions for your dream event
Weddings, Workshops & installations
Now booking for 2023!
- We are the #1 plumbing, sewer & drain cleaning company in the US. Available 24/7 for any plumbing emergencies. Established in 1970. Call 866-577-1221 (@rooter-man)
Promote your other accounts
- Openly being who you want, with the people you want, expressing and creating what you want, whenever you want—over the food you want. (@dennysdiner)
Have fun with prepositions
Here’s a few ideas for different businesses we’ve discussed so far:
- Home of the world’s best books. 📚
✨ #AmplifyBlackStories now with @allwaysblack
X solves everything
- Official home of [brand] on Instagram.
- The lighter side of [business name].
Short Instagram bio quotes
- Seek to be worth knowing rather than well known
- If not now, when? If not you, who?
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
- Never mistake motion for action.
- Aspire to inspire before we expire.
- All limitations are self-imposed. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
- And still, I rise. – Maya Angelou
- When words fail, music speaks. – Shakespeare
Inspirational Instagram bio quotes
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
- “The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.”- William James
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.” – Thomas Alva Edison
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”– Mark Twain
- “If you want to make enemies, try to change something.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “It is far better to be alone than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.”
- “Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.”
- Attract what you expect
Reflect what you desire
Become what you respect
Mirror what you admire
More Instagram bio examples